Maybelline Lashionista Mascara


Maybelline Lashionista Mascara 1296yen
I LOVE Maybelline mascaras. The Falseas and The Rocket are my favourite, they are amazing for giving volume and keep the curls all day, while being smudge-free. I was very excited to try out this mascara called Lashionsta and had a very high expectation. According to their Japanese website, this mascara won 59 beauty awards since the launch in 2011 until 2013. It has very light-weight lengthening fiber that floats on water and makes your lashes long and separated.


I like this packaging better than The Falseas and The Rocket as it's much slimmer and doesn't take up space. The pink tube looks pretty with silver detailing and black logo.


You can see that the fiber is pretty long. Normally fiber is about 2mm but this particular mascara contains 4mm fiber. And because the fiber is very light, it makes it easier to hold the curls. 


It's pretty impressive how light it feels on my lashes. It feels like I'm not wearing a mascara. The more you apply, the more your lashes get longer -not voluminous. It's a perfect mascara for people with shorter lashes who are looking for a lengthening mascara.

 
It kind of separates the lashes, but not perfectly like The Rocket does. I kind of like the natural look this mascara gives, I like to pair it with the smoky eye look to avoid looking OTT. This is a mascara that creates "my lashes but a bit fuller" kind of look if you know what you mean. This is not for you if you are looking for a volumising mascara that people would ask you if you are wearing false lashes.

Not sure if it's sold in other countries too (I guess it is / was sold in the US) but in Japan there is a limited packaging with My Melody on it right now!