BOTANY from South Africa


BOTANY is a beauty brand which uses natural ingredients from South Africa. I thought it was an African brand or something but haven't been able to find the official website besides the Japanese one. It could be a Japanese brand that products are made in Africa, but I'm not sure.

This body oil is called "Extraordinary rich  body oil -baobab". The base oils is the mixture of jojoba, baobab and apricot oils. It's got peppermint, spearmint and rosemary essential oils. The product is certified by ECOCERT and 100% of the total ingredients are from natural origin, also 95% of the total ingredients are from Organic Farming.


It's 4500yen, which is quite expensive. I got it for free from my company, and I thought I wouldn't spend that much money on a body oil, but this oil worth the money. It's a very light oil which penetrates really quickly and leaves the skin so smooth. You can't even tell you've just put the oil. And apparently baobab oil has a moisturizing effect.

It smells very refreshing, mainly of the two different kinds of mints. As I mentioned before, I'm not a huge fan of the minty scent but this one comforts me somehow. It's less greasy than some body lotions I've used before, you can put your clothes on right after applying this oil on your body which is really good for a busy morning.

I don't usually like oils but now I'm interested in Caudalie's body oil which many bloggers (and vloggers) seem to be adoring. Have you ever used it? If you have, let me know if you liked it or not!
 
BOTANY Official Website (JAPANESE)