A jelly-like blusher? Sweets Sweets Velvet Souffle Cheek


Sweets Sweets Velvet Souffle Cheek  900yen
I cannot believe that I forgot to write about this amazing blusher that I got back in August. I thought I wrote about it as it has been one of my favourite makeup items since I got it. This jelly-like blusher is from a Japanese drugstore brand called Sweets Sweets. The pricing is a little lower than Majolica Majorca, and a little higher than CANMAKE. I think they used to be a tacky brand before, but their stand at Matsu-Kiyo looks really nice now. 

I picked up this blusher as the idea that it's got this jelly-like texture sounded interesting, and the colour payoff was amazing when I tested at the store. There are 4 shades in total, and I picked the shade 03 Apricot Souffle as it was summer. I am thinking of purchasing 01 Apple Souffle now because I am looking for a deeper shade for the colder season.


I know you can't tell from the photos but the texture is very unique. It literally like jelly, soft and cold, and very pigmented as you can see from the photo above. The top swatch is when applied with a stippling brush, and the bottom one is done with my finger. It goes on a little patchy when I use my finger to apply, so I dip my stippling brush from Real Techniques directly, and apply on my cheeks. That way it gives a perfect finish that looks like my glow is coming from within.


I sometimes apply it as a "blush primer" if there was such a thing. I apply this before powder as you should be doing, and then add another powder blusher on top to make it last longer. It's such a lovely shade that never looks too much, so it's easy to pair it with a different blusher.

I absolutely love this blusher and think it's an amazing quality for 900yen. I am so going to purchase 01 Apple Souffle after writing this review, I want to go buy it now although it's 2:30AM. They just came out with some glossy lip sticks and oh gosh some shades look so pretty! I will definitely write another review when I've got them!