Japanese magazine heaven


I'm not going to lie, I admit that I am a junkie when it comes to magazines. But usually I much prefer British or sometimes American magazines to Japanese ones. So it was expecting that I bought 6 Japanese magazines in November. That's crazy. And Japanese magazines aren't that cheap, what was I thinking? But I have a good excuse for each magazine.



Bea's up is a beauty magazine that used to be really popular I remember. It's not as popular as other beauty magazines now, but actually I really do like it. It's thinner which makes it easier to travel with, and the product reviews in this magazine is insane (of course in a good way). I had to buy it because it's the beauty award issue!



Voce I believe is the best selling Japanese beauty magazine. I feel like it's targeting younger readers than I am, but I still enjoy it a lot. This is also a beauty award issue, and it came with a sample of Biore Face Wash that won a best cleanser award or something.



Yup, another beauty magazine. MAQUIA is my favourite beauty magazine I must say, because they show different looks that are on trend each month and it's really enjoyable to look at. And this is also a beauty award issue. It made me really happy that MAQUIA finally came in a smaller size ;) I also love the cover photo of Erika Sawajiri, I wish I could exchange my whole face with hers.



ELLE is a hit and miss recently. I was obsessed with ELLE when I was in high school, but it became more and more conservative and boring in the past decade and recently I don't buy it much. The reason why I bought the latest issue was because I was interested in the book recommendations by celebrities including Natalie Portman and James Franco. Then I found out that a full-sized hand cream was coming with it. SOLD.



Vogue is also one of the mags I was obsessed when I was a teenager, but just like ELLE, it became crappier and crappier that I don't even have a look at a bookstore now. But you know what, when Vogue talks about beauty award, they know what they are talking about.



This thick book-in-book is all dedicated for the beauty award and oh my gosh it's amazing. 



Last by not least, ELLE girl. I know I'm not a girl anymore, but I bought it only because I wanted Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm. I've been loving the shade COY, and I was eying on INGENUE which I got with this mag for 390yen instead of 1200yen. I will write an in-depth review on the two shades another day, but they both are gorgeous.

So now I am surrounded by magazines and books that I haven't read. I feel pressure every single day that I have to read, because all the magazines are getting older and older that they don't even make sense anymore. I just don't have time for reading because I've been juggling my personal life, job, 3 blogs and eBay, and now I will be writing some column for a website. Enough with me rambling, I hope you enjoyed the post! Oh, and I will be selling magazines on eBay as well, send me a request if you have any mags you would like.