bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream


bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream £26.00
Are you into this 'No Makeup Makeup' look? Are you confident on your skin? You don't like foundation yet want something to even out your discolouration? If you answered yes to any of the questions, you will like Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream from bareMinerals. I had seen quite a few beauty bloggers raving about it so I was pretty excited to receive it to review.



The shade I got is 03 Buttercream. I first thought it was too yellow for my squinting, but it actually didn't matter -because it's so sheer that you can't tell its shade. It definitely gives a natural glow. Not a glittery glow, a very fresh skin-like glow.

My skin has been behaving well recently, but as I got older my pores appeared bigger. So even when my skin is clear I have to be really careful not to emphasise my pores by any products putting on my skin. And this tinted cream kind of does make my pores visible and noticeable. I think one of the reasons is because it gives the natural glow that reflects lights that makes each pore stands out.

It also makes my skin a little shiny and greasy throughout the day even if I set it with powder. I have to use extra blotting paper when I wear this cream. I have to test it longer during the winter to judge fully whether it makes my skin greasy even in the cold weather or not, as it just started getting cooler in Japan (finally!).

However, it's a wonderful cream if you have dry skin with smaller looking pores. I want to introduce this cream to myself in my early twenties when I had really dry skin. Any foundation made my skin look dry which made it look older, and in winter it sometimes peeled off even. It would work amazingly on dry skin giving a natural shine and glow.


I definitely recommend this cream to young, dry skin that needs a little bit of something rather than being bare-skinned. It's got SPF30 PA+++ which makes it a perfect base product to wear when you go walk your dog -or just going to a supermarket on a lazy weekend when you don't want to put makeup on. Consider it as a slightly tinted moisturiser that makes your skin look healthy and dewy.

If you have oily to combination skin, you might not like this. Avoid purchasing it online, go to the shop and test it on your skin, see if you really like it for a couple of hours at least. If it doesn't make my skin greasy during winter, I might wear it underneath my foundation, but not on its own because of the pore-emphasising effect.

Have you tried this cream yet? Do you think it's worth the hype?