Maybelline Volume Express Magnum Barbie


Maybelline Volume Express Magnum Barbie  1,404yen
Maybelline brought out a new mascara called Volume Express Magnum Barbie in March. I am all about fuller lashes rather than longer ones, so I couldn't resist to purchase this mascara that claims to make your lashes full and voluminous like Barbie's.


The packaging is bright yellow with a metallic pink lid, which is easy to find in your makeup bag for sure. The brush looks very similar to Maybelline Falsies, that I cannot point out the difference to be honest. The formula is waterproof that doesn't come off by my trusty RAFRA balm cleanser, which is good for those love waterproof mascara, but too much for me who tend to go for a 'film-type' mascara that comes off with warm water.


It's got fibres called 'topping fibre' which you can keep adding on the tips of the lashes to make them look longer until you're happy with the result -supposedly. I do not like how fibres make my lashes look wonky and unnatural, but it might be perfect for those who want more length and volume at the same time.

I noticed that this mascara does not separate the lashes, but make them look thicker and voluminous. If you like the '60s look, or very thick spider-lashes, this is the mascara for you. It's very close to L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara in my opinion.


I am not 100% convinced that this mascara would give you Barbie lashes, I like Maybelline the Rocket and Falsies better, but again you might like it if you like thick looking lashes. I still think Maybelline is one of the best drugstore brands when it comes to mascaras!