Magazine Obsession


I LOVE MAGAZINES. It takes me more than 90 minutes to go to work by train each way, so I need some magazines to read just in case I can get a seat. Most of the time the trains are very busy and packed, and I'm watching some podcast videos on my iPod touch. But whenever I am lucky and get a seat, I immediately get a magazine out of my bag and start reading. 

I have been subscribing to US Glamour magazie but actually I'm more into UK magazines recently. I went to London for the first time in May-June and I completely  fell in love with this beautiful city. Now I'm dying to subscribe to some British magazines but they are REALLY expensive to subscribe to when you're living out of the U.K.

This Glamour magazine is the one I got in London, and if I tried to get it from a bookstore in Japan, it costs more than  £11 (most of the time without the freebies)




I also love Grazia magazine. It also costs £8 in Amazon.co.jp. It's not realistic to purchase it every week which adds up to £32 a month.




 I picked up LOOK magazine at the airport when I left London. I had never heard of it before. But now, this is my favorite. I like it better than Grazia or Glamour magazine even. It's got less gossip articles and more like a weekly fashion magazine. Unfortunately, there is NO WAY to buy LOOK magazine in Japan. I searched on the internet like crazy to find a way to purchase it here, but I couldn't. The only way is to subscribe to it which is about £135 or something a year. 

I'm thinking of buying some issues together a month on eBay but the postage is always very expensive. Maybe I should just get one issue a month until I get rich and don't mind spending £135 on magazines a year....