Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser


Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser  14.25GBP


To tell the conclusion first, this is the best cleanser I have ever used. I always thought cleansing was a boring step of skincare because whatever you use it doesn't make a huge difference unless you have an allergy to the cleanser you're using or something. I thought cleansers cannot be effective and powerful enough to change your skin. But this cleanser from Liz Earle, the British beauty brand makes effective cosmetics with natural ingredients, changed my mind completely. Cleansers CAN be effective and powerful enough to change your skin.



This starter kit comes in this bag which makes it easy to carry it around to a trip or a gym / yoga classes if needed. 

 

Inside of the bag it's got two muslin cloths and a bottle of cleanser. This one is the 100ml pump bottle, and there is the 200ml tube as well which is 24 pounds itself. I personally like the pump bottle better because of how it looks nice. But the only downside of this bottle is that you cannot tell how much is left in there. I wish there was a thin and clear window on the side so that you can tell when to repurchase another bottle.

The official website says "Phase one is the cleansing. Free from mineral oil, it has a rich and creamy texture and swiftly removes all traces of face and eye make up, even stubborn mascara. Phase two is the polishing. Polish off the cream using the pure muslin cloth to gently dislodge dead skin cells and help reveal clean, soft and radiant skin" So basically this removes makeup, cleanse and polishes your skin!


I place one and a half pumps of the cleanser on my palm and gentle massage into my skin. I always remove eye makeup off with Bioderma or Caudalie's cleansing water beforehand because it clouds my contact lenses, so I only use enough amount to remove my foundation and dirt. If you wish to remove your eye makeup only with this cleanser, I guess you need two pumps.

This cleanser has got this rich and creamy texture which feels good on my skin. Also the herbal scent is very relaxing. It smells of Eucalyptus mainly, it also contains Rosemary and Chamomile. It reminds me of air in the early morning at the summer camp I joined when I was little, the smell of trees and greens...basically the smell of nature. It makes me want to take a deep breath while washing my face.



It spreads well over my face, and because it smells very relaxing I don't mind massaging for a while. I usually take about a minute to massage realistically and removes the cleanser with the wet muslin cloths. I like to wet the cloths with hot water, and place it on my face and steam it for about 10 seconds after the cleanser is removed. It's really relaxing!



Right after I dry my skin I notice the difference. My skin is softer and smoother obviously, and all the bumps and unevenness are completely gone. Because of this cleanser my skin has been in the best condition ever. It's like a baby's skin, and I don't even need foundation to cover up as my pores became smaller. 

Last weekend I stayed at home without makeup on, so I didn't use this cleanser because I didn't want to waste it. Then after 2 days my skin got a little bit bumpy and lost suppleness apparently. I am completely addicted to this cleanser, now I cannot live without it!! 

I'm dying to try out their limited one which has got Lavender and Rose essential oils in it, it must smell amazing. It's really a shame that their products are not sold here in Japan, but fortunately I can purchase them on their official website although the postage is a bit expensive -not their fault, it's as it is... Anyway I will definitely repurchase it for sure, I might get a bigger one in tube. I'm so glad that I finally found the effective cleanser!

Have you ever tried their cleanser? What did you think about it? Let me know!