Redken Haircare Products!



Redken Scalp Relief Dandruff Control Shampoo
Redken All Soft Conditioner

As we don't have Redken here in Japan, I didn't know about the brand at all until I've read a blog post or watched a video or something a few months ago. It didn't catch my attention by its looks or opinions by bloggers, but I found their Scalp Relief Shampoo on feelunique when I was looking for a good shampoo which doesn't irritate my scalp. I did a little research about it and read some reviews, and found out that people who had a sensitive scalp loved this product. So I decided to give it a try! To pair with this shampoo, I picked the best selling conditioner.

  
I was a bit surprised to see this white liquid as I didn't expect anything like this! It looks like a paint or something, a very unusual look for Shampoo.

It's recommended to apply on your dry scalp, massage into it and leave it for 5 minutes, then add warm water and wash your hair like you normally do. I tried this way but it didn't work for me. It made my scalp greasy somehow although usually it's very dry. Maybe it means it worked because my scalp was no longer dry but it shouldn't make it greasy either...right? 

So now I rinse my hair with warm water first, then wash my hair with this shampoo. I think it does work, because since I started using this shampoo my scalp has calmed down. Before I had a serious problem with my scalp, sometimes it didn't let me sleep because of itching! 

It smells minty and herbal which I am not a big fan of, but it doesn't leave any scent on my hair so it doesn't matter.



Then let's move on to this conditioner which I am in love with. This is definitely one of the best conditioner I've ever used. It makes my hair so soft as it claims. I cannot imagine how soft my hair would be when I use this conditioner paring with all soft shampoo!

It smells like coconut to me, although some people say it smells peachy and fruity. Is it my nose...? Again it doesn't leave a scent on my hair much, which is a shame because I like this smell. My mum has really stiff hair which is opposite to me, and she noticed the huge difference on her hair after she used this conditioner. She loves it and would like to repurchase it once we run out of it. 

I really like Redken, it's not too pricey but does its job. Do you like Redken? What's your favourite item of it? :)