Shigeta Awakening Radiance Mousse



Shigeta Awakening Radiance Mousse   18euro

If you are in France, you might have heard of Chico Shigeta. She is a Japanese beauty therapist living in France, and her clients include John Galliano, Sophia Coppola and Isabelle Adjani. She studied naturopathy in France and launched Chigeta in early '00s. Her blended essential oils are a massive hit in Japan because you can apply them directly on your skin unlike normal essential oils. She launched this new skincare range recently, so I thought to give it a try. 

The base of  this cleanser is bulgarian rose floral water which smells nice. I was expecting more rosey sweet scent but it's got this weird chemical smell. I know it doesn't contain chemical because that's against Shigeta's philosophy but it does smell funny to me. It also contains coconut oil and hyaluronic acid to moisturize your skin.  



I mainly use this cleanser in the morning because it doesn't remove makeup. Also the feel of foam is really nice in the morning, it's like washing your face with a giant soft marshmallow! This foam protects my skin from rubbing too much while washing my face, and that's actually how it should be according to Chico. 

It leaves moisture on my skin which is perfect for my dry skin. I'm getting used to the chemical smell though it still bothers me a bit. The most important thing is that it does its job, and makes my skin looking fresh. 

I don't think I will repurchase it because I prefer milky cleanser rather than foaming one, but this is a very good product for sure. I recommend it to people who tend to rub their skin hard while washing, it's the perfect cleanser to prevent that bad habit!

Have you heard of Shigeta?