Pure & Basic Anti-Dandruff Natural Shampoo



Pure & Basic Anti-Dandruff Natural Shampoo $5.09 icon
Although I love Redken Scalp Relief Dandruff Shampoo, I cannot spend 10 pound every 3 months on my shampoo. Well, usually I can but not now especially considering the fact I spent so much in London in March, and I continued shopping in Japan through April. So I decided to purchase this one instead as it's much cheaper. 

Before moving on to the product review, let me make it clear. I don't have dandruff. But then you might be wondering why I got shampoo to prevent dandruff. The reason is that I've got really sensitive scalp and it was kind of out of control. Anything I used on my hair, it irritated my scalp so bad and it started hurting as I scratched it so much. Then I found the one from Redken, which really relieved my scalp. I found that those kind of shampoo has glycerine in it and that could be the ingredient which has been calming my scalp down. Anyway, if you are suffering from itching or sensitive scalp, you might as well try Scalp Relief Shampoo from Redken. It really worked.


Moving on. This shampoo is from this American brand called Pure & Basic. According to Vitacost, this product is "A unique botanical blend of Rosemary Extract, Tea Tree Oil, and Canadian Willow Herb rids hair of pesky flakes while stimulating and moisturizing your scalp to help relieve itching. Leaves hair soft, manageable and flake free". Interesting.

The texture is a thick gel which I found a bit hard to lather up unless you add some warm water while washing. As long as you have wet your scalp enough, and keep adding warm water on your palms while lathering it up, you won't have any difficulties. It lathers really well and it relaxes me with the scent of essential oils. It smells herbal and fresh. 

It leaves my hair squeaky clean but once I apply conditioner or hair treatment on, it becomes soft and silky again. They have conditioner as well but I decided to use mine as I have like 3 bottles of conditioner here. It doesn't itch my scalp at all which is great and I like how it cleans my scalp and hair.

I like Redken one better but this one does a very good job too! If you are looking for shampoo which is gentle for your scalp but cleans it really well, you should give it a try!