Brand review : Cuepido


Have you heard of this beauty brand called "cuepido"? It's an American beauty brand which uses many natural ingredients to create their makeup products. One day they followed me on Twitter and kindly offered to send me some samples so that I can write about their products. I was super excited to try them out because you know I like natural beauty products. So today I'm going to write a honest review about the brand and their products.


put-on wonder $30
The official website describes this liquid foundation "A fluid foundation that provides light-to-medium coverage. This water-based fluid contains soft-focus powders that virtually diminishes imperfections, making the skin looks natural and flawless. Vitamin A, C & E helps to protect skin against free radicals and other environmental stresses. SPF 15 gives a perfect finishing touch of sun protection"

R

Since it contains powder, which is supposed to make your skin feel smoother, it goes on patchy on my dry skin. Well, it's not as dry as it was in winter obviously and my cheeks and nose get a little bit oily lately, still this foundation is too drying. I found it too powderly on my skin and it just doesn't look nice. Also it oxidises so bad and makes my whole face looking like a clay pot.



so smooth $27
This is a silicone-base primer which has beautiful shimmer in it. If you like silicone based primer, you might like it. But unfortunately I don't like the feel of silicone on my skin.



First of all the pump was broken. I need to pump 30 times at least to take a pea-size amount of the formula shown in the photo above. I really like the idea that it has shimmer in it, and I love how it looks. But it made my skin surface look (and feel) bumpy somehow and it didn't do anything special in terms of covering up my pores and making my makeup last much longer.

twinkle dust $25
This loose powder is an OK product but I have a problem with the packaging. Since the puff is smaller than the container, when I shake the container with the puff on top to get the powder out, it goes everywhere...on my desk, my PC, my clothes...literally everywhere. How do you usually use this type of powder? Do you put a little bit of it inside of the lid? (I just hate to do so because I always put too much and I have to put the powder back in the container which is a bother) The powder is OK as I mentioned but it doesn't do anything special. I think my Baby Pink BB Powder does much better job although it's about $10.



cue smooch-gloss  in belle $19
This lip gloss look so pretty in the tube. However, it goes on streaky and drying somehow,
and it's got this metallic finish which looks a bit old fashioned. It makes my lips look dry
although they are not particularly dry. It's got this sweet scent which I cannot describe what it is, but I found it too strong. It smells sweet but at the same time it smells very smoky and bitter...which means, it tastes awful.


As you can see on their website, they don't show the full list of the ingredients of each product even though they claim they love natural ingredients. And the website doesn't show much about the brand and it made me wonder "what do they want to do?". I've never seen a beauty brand this incomplete to be honest. Despite the quality of the products, the price is surprisingly high and I just don't see myself spending that much money on them. I was very disappointed to find out that their products were not good. Have you heard of the brand before? What's your thought?