Alba Botanica Hawaiian Facial Mask


Alba Botanica Hawaiian Facial Mask $8.69
Recently I hear a lot of YouTubers / Beauty Bloggers talking about chemical exfoliation. It sounds pretty scary but it can be less harsh than a physical exfoliation because it doesn't physically scratches the skin surface. What it does is to dissolve dead skin cells sitting on the skin surface with the result of brightens up your skin tone.

This particular facial mask is from a brand called Alba Botanica, and it doesn't contain any harsh ingredients to irritate your skin. This mask has "Papaya and pineapple enzymes gently loosen and dissolve dull skin cells and impurities to reveal fresh, vibrant skin", how yummy does it sound? :)



It looks yummy like jelly, doesn't it? It sits on the skin without sliding off if you know what I mean....and the scent of tropical fruits is pretty soothing and relaxing.  It does have a tingly feeling which I don't like, but it doesn't irritate your skin so don't worry. I heard some people like the feeling but I personally do not like it at all because it makes me feel like it's burning my skin!



I usually wait for 5-10 minutes before rinsing it off. It makes my skin soft and smooth like any other face masks do, but the most amazing thing is the skin on the next morning. When I looked into the mirror I noticed that my skin looked not only softer and smoother, but brighter and in a much better condition. I was like "Wow my skin looks nice today, what did I do...?" and then remembered that I used this face mask the night before.



Even though it's such an effective and addictive face mask, I only use it once in 10 days - 2 weeks just because I don't want to overdo it to mess up my turn-over cycle. When you exfoliate your skin too much, the skin underneath does not have enough time to structure and it causes many troubles.


But it does make a huge difference on my skin and I just cannot wait to use it next time! My mum uses it with me and she likes it too. If you are looking for an effective yet mild chemical exfoliation, you should definitely try this one out. Or if you have a favourite, please let me know!! :)



icon