Candle Addiction -Bath and Body Works Frosted Cupcake review


I'm pretty fussy when it comes to candles. I hate Yankee candles somehow because for me they all smell quite the same, with the unique fragrance that I cannot even describe. I like high-end candles like Jo Malone and Diptyque but I just cannot afford them. And another thing is that my room is tiny and I get bored with scents quickly, I prefer having a bunch of small candles rather than having one big candle. 

In my opinion, Bath and Body Works make really good candles. Their candles never disappointed me and they have really attractive selections of scents. I tried to purchase some from eBay but the ones I wanted were completely sold out. So I was very happy when Margaret offered to purchase some for me. She's been so kind and nice to me and I felt really lucky to have someone offering to do such a thing in her busy schedule. Thanks again Margaret!

I asked her to purchase 6 candles in total. All in mini since my room is tiny and 3-wick candles seem to be too overpowering. Also I was worried about the shipping as the heavier the parcel gets, the more expensive the shipping cost is going to be. I've been burning one by one since I received them, so I decided to write a quick review once I start burning one from now on.


Frosted Cupcake
"Indulge your sweet tooth! Notes of fresh vanilla bean, sugar, cake batter and rich buttercream frosting combine to create a sweet confectionary treat as mouth-watering as the real thing."

It smells like pure vanilla. To me it doesn't smell of butter cream or bakery type of smell you expect from the name "cupcake".  But if you love the scent of vanilla like I do, you will love this candle. On the other hand, if you are expecting it to smell like a cupcake with vanilla and butter cream, then it could be not enough for you.



This particular one didn't burn well at all and I struggled a lot! I'd never had such an experience in the past because all the mini candles from Bath and Body Works I had burnt evenly. But someone left a very useful information on my Instagram that you should wrap up the jar with a piece of aluminum foil when it happens so that the wax melts evenly. I will try it next time it happens for sure.


  A mini candle is teeny tiny but it burns about 12-15 hours in total. My room gets filled with the scent after 10-20 minutes without being overpowering at all. I'm so obsessed with their candles that I cannot live without them now! What's your favourite? What are you burning now?