MOTELINER -A big disappointment


MOTELINER 1575yen
When Mote-Mascara came out a few years ago, everyone was raving about it. I thought the name was ridiculous (Mote means being attractive / popular to / with the other sex, everytime I see "Mote-hair" or "Mote-makeup" in Japanese magazines, I feel disgusted) but when I was sent the mascara to review on my Japanese blog, I was pretty impressed. The quality was very good, but it was kind of questionable if it was worth 1800yen which is a bit too pricey for a drugstore mascara.


So when they came out with the eyeliner this summer, I was going to pass it. But at that time I was looking for a good eyeliner that stays on my eyelids all day until I intend to take it off as I was going on holiday, so I decided to give it a go.



The unique points about this eyeliner
1) The octagon-shaped body which is easier to grip.
2) Doesn't contain a colour that develops pigmentation on the skin.


3) Using Kumano-brush which is very thin yet dense, to make it easier to draw a thin line.




4) The ink is super black.
5) It comes off easily by warm water yet it resist water, sweat, oils and tears.



And it looks like this when it's applied. It's super easy to draw the line, and the ink is super black which makes my eyes look bigger. I was very impressed with the quality, it was one of the best eyeliners I'd ever used.


You can see the line looks pretty straight. Yes it is a very good eyeliner.

So what's the problem? It dried out after a month of usage. Only a month, and I wasn't using it every day. First the brush dried out a little bit, and the ink didn't come out evenly. I didn't even think it dried out because usually an eyeliner last for ages, like my old one from KATE lasted 2 years almost, and I opened the one I've been using currently from Kingdom more than a year ago I guess.

I admit this is a very good eyeliner, and I would love to repurchase it. But will I pay 1500yen again on an eyeliner that only lasts for a month? I don't think I will. 

Reading loads of reviews of this product on @cosme, there are people who are complaining about the ink getting dry too quickly like I am, and also there are people who don't have that problem at all and loving the eyeliner. So maybe I bought a defective product. I might give it another try when I run out with my current eyeliner...

What's your favourite eyeliner?