NYX Butter Gloss + Mega Shine Gloss


Spring has come, the weather has been nice, and I needed some springy lip glosses! When I thought which brand had most beautiful and affordable lip glosses, NYX came up in my mind. I believe you can get NYX in Japan as I've seen a stand before inside of Shop-In, but it didn't show up when I searched on Rakuten so I decided to purchase some on Cherry Culture. The delivery fee was a little bit expensive considering the fact that the parcel was really light, so I decided to pick up 3 different lip glosses rather than just getting one.

I got Mega Shine Gloss in Tea Rose, Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie and Peaches and Cream. 

Left to Right : Peaches and Cream, Tea Rose and Maple Blondie

They all are gorgeous, and smell nice. I personally don't like the scent of Mega Shine Gloss, which I believe is a cherry scent, but I love how Butter Gloss smells. It smells like vanilla cupcake or something, very sweet yet not overpowering.



Mega Shine Gloss in Tea Rose
It doesn't look opaque in this photo but in person it looks pretty bright and has a blue undertone. It instantly brightens up my complexion which is very nice. I expected more of a glossy finish from the name of it, but it doesn't look too shiny on my lips. 



Butter Gloss in Peaches and Cream
Such a pretty pink! It's almost like a bright neon pink that grabs attention for sure! I wear this shade when I'm not wearing too much makeup on my eyes, otherwise it's easy to get OTT with this bright pink shade. Butter Gloss gives much more of a glossy finish that I love. But the thing is it emphasises dryness of your lips, so you need to be careful otherwise it makes your lips look terrible. You might want to scrub and moisturise your lips in advance.



Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie
LOVE this shade. This is my favourite out of three, it's such a gorgeous coral pink shade. It's not too bright, but it's bright enough to suit my mood in spring. It also emphasises dry patches on my lips, but I just can't stop wearing it. 

I wish they had more beigy toned shades in the Butter Gloss collection, just because the shades are too bright for me although I love the finish it gives. What's your favourite lip gloss at the moment? Let me know! xx