COFFRET D’OR Makeup Base


COFFRET D’OR Makeup Base 01
Makeup primer is extremely important in summer, especially for people who have oily and combination skin. I have dry skin but during summer it turns to a mess. It gets oily around my nose and cheeks. My makeup melts once I leave my house because of the humidity and I have to keep blotting my face throughout the day. With that experience last summer, I had been looking for a good primer that I can rely on in summer. 

Recently I'm enjoying this primer from Kanebo COFFRRT D'OR. Their products are sold at the drugstores such as Matsumoto Kiyoshi in Japan, but despite the fact it's a drugstore makeup brand, the price is on more expensive side. This primer is sold at 2500yen mark, which is for me a little bit pricey.


Mine is 01, which has SPF 27 PA++ protection against UV, whereas 02 has SPF 50 PA+++ protection which is especially suitable for summer. It has a subtle beigy colour to it but it doesn't show up on my skin. It blurs the pores while helping the makeup to stay longer on the skin. 

It doesn't look anything special when it's applied on the skin, but you will be wowed once you apply your foundation on top, because that's when you can see the pores are blurred perfectly.

The only downside is that it's not suitable for dry skin. It was in February (I think) when I tried it on for the first time, and it emphasised my dry patches around my nose and made it worse, even. But now the weather is much warmer and my skin is less dry, it feels perfect on my skin. I wear it every time I wear makeup, and it's helping it to last longer for sure. My pores are hidden all day, until I wash off my makeup. It might not be suitable for those with dry skin, but if you're looking for a good primer that blurs your pores with SPF, this might be the one!



What's your favourite primer?