Maybelline Pure Mineral CC Bright Up


Maybelline Pure Mineral CC Bright Up  1,512yen
I know. I'm over BB or CC or EE cream, too. But let me tell you, this CC cream from Maybelline isn't too bad at all! I was a little bit skeptical when got it to review before the launch, as I didn't have any information in advance and I just saw the name 'CC cream' and was like...meh. But actually it's perfect for a lazy day off when you can't be bothered to wear a full makeup yet you want to wear something.


Based on their description that says 'Colour correcting capsules burst on your skin when applied' I imagined a while cream that adopts your own skin tone. But actually it's a beige cream as you can see in the photo. What a confusing description. There is only one shade called 'Bright ochre', which is suitable to my skin tone but might be too bright for the most of Japanese people.

 
When it's blended out, it turns slightly more yellow which matches my skin tone perfectly. The whipped texture feels very light on the skin as if I'm not wearing anything. I use my fingers to blend out, and add concealers to erase my dark circles and pigmentation around my nose. 


See, you cannot even see where it's applied! You can definitely see your own skin through the CC cream, but the complexion is evened out and a very natural glow is added on your skin.


It's very comfortable to wear as it's very light weight, and having SPF 37 sun protection is always a plus too. It's pretty moisturising which makes it suitable for dry skin. I have combination skin and it makes my skin a tad shiny throughout the day, meaning it could be too moisturising for oily skin. I still like wearing it on my day off, because I don't particularly want to look like I spent 30 minutes on my makeup on my day off when I don't go anywhere but a local coffee shop to work on my blogs. I want to look as natural and effortless as possible, and this CC cream makes it easy to create that look.

Well done Maybelline!