Totally disappointed : The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make Up Remover


The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make Up Remover
Today I want to write a quick post about this eye makeup remover that doesn't remove eye makeup. I bought this makeup remover because I've used up my Take the Day off Cleansing Balm from CLINIQUE and needed something to remove my stubborn eyeliner and mascara.  The cleansers I currently have do not remove eye makeup, and I needed something that removes them instantly, yet not irritate my eyes.

This watery makeup remover was on sale at The Body Shop, and I think it was 350yen. I knew that another one with 2 layers of liquid would be effective as it contained oil, but I did not want a makeup remover with oil in it because it would make my contact lenses blurry. I liked their Cleansing Balm so I thought it shouldn't be too bad.

I know this is supposed to be gentle, and no it does not irritate my eyes which is great. But it does not remove anything. I mean, it does not remove eyeshadow even. Why do they call it 'eye makeup remover' when it doesn't remove anything on my eyelids? It literally took 5 minutes to remove my eye makeup with this, and I lost more than 10 eyelashes because I ended up pulling them while putting them in between the cotton pads. 

Bioderma sometimes do not remove my eye makeup either because Japanese eyeliner and mascara are hard to remove, which is a good thing during daytime but an absolute pain in the butt when you want to go to bed immediately after a long day. But Bioderma does a better job than this rubbish. If you are considering buying this, buy Bioderma or some drugstore dupes (from L'Oreal or Garnier, maybe?) instead. I'm sure I'm not the only one because so many people commented on my Instagram photo of this. I felt totally disappointed!