Leanani Waterproof Mascara -Style Keep


Leanani Waterproof Mascara -Style Keep  1,500yen
Leanani is a brand that is famous for their liquid eyeliner. I have used it before and I absolutely loved it as the brush is so thin which makes it super easy to draw a thin line as well doing the flick. On the other hand, their mascaras, one with a pink lid and another with a white lid, didn't impress me at all. It stuck my lashes together and made me look like I only had 5 eyelashes. 

When I got this new mascara from Leanani, which claims to keep the curl, I was not expecting much because of my previous experience with their other mascaras. But I have to admit, this is such a good mascara!


The brush is very dense, and catches every single eyelash that you have. And you know what I love the most about this mascara? It smells so good. It smells like shampoo that your hair salon uses. Its fresh and clean scent makes me feel relaxed even. I thought it was a stupid idea to put fragrance in mascara when some brands started doing this, but I actually like this scent and it surprisingly lingers which is nice too.


The brush lifts the lashes from the roots and it actually does keep the curl all day. What I mean by 'all day' is, not for 8 hours. Not for 10 hours either. I mean, for 20 hours, literally. 

Usually I wear makeup for about 15 hours, but one day I had to work longer hours and I got home at 1am or so. I looked into a mirror expecting myself to look miserable, but what caught my eyes was my eyelashes. It looked exactly the same as it did in the morning. 

It separates the lashes, and makes me look like I'm wearing false lashes.  I even get compliments about my lashes when I'm wearing it!


So far they only have it in black, but I hope they will bring some other shades with this formula someday, such as khaki, brown, navy, taupe...! If you are thinking of getting one of their mascaras, I would definitely recommend this one with a silver lid, don't get the ones with a pink / white lid, as they are pretty rubbish in my opinion! Plus, this one smells good ;)