L'Oreal La Palette Nude Rose


L'Oreal La Palette Nude Rose
I have mentioned this palette in my Best in beauty 2014 post already, but I thought this beautiful palette deserves an in-depth review. I know many UK beauty bloggers have been raving about it, and you might be sick of hearing about it. But if you haven't gotten your hands on it, you probably should pop into Boots and have a look at least!

I got to know L'Oreal launched this palette via Twitter. They tweeted the photo of it, and I instantly fell in love with it. Then my lovely fellow blogger Danniella from Famous in Japan kindly (yes, super kindly) included it into our occasional beauty / magazines swap! 


Though I'm not a huge fan of pinky eyeshadows, I love this particular palette because this leans towards neutral than pink. It's got 4 matte shades and 6 shimmery / metallic shades.


Some matte shades do not show up on camera but they are very useful to define the crease or blend the shades together. My favourite shade is the 3rd from the right, a perfect taupy browny purple shade. The formula of this particular shade is creamier than the others, the word 'buttery' is perfect to describe it.


The eyeshadow stays on my eyelids all day without creasing (my CANMAKE eyeshadow primer could be helping it though) and the colours are just beautiful. I often use the 4th shade from left on my crease, the 6th shade from left on the lid, and add the 3rd shade from right on the outer corner. When I want to make it darker and smokier, I use the 2nd from right on the crease, the 2nd from left on the lid and the right purple shade on the outer corner. I do not wear much of the orangy shade but other than that, I wear them on daily basis. 

The palette is slim, which makes it suitable for traveling, and you don't need any other eyeshadow as long as you have this in your bag! I hope they will bring more to the collection, I absolutely love eyeshadows from L'Oreal. I wonder why L'Oreal Japan doesn't launch good products much, I'm kind of worried they might pull off the brand completely someday....I will definitely buy tons of products from L'Oreal (and KIKO for sure) next time I go to London!