What I've been up to and my passion towards makeup


I have been possibly the busiest in my life since this spring. Juggling a job in central Tokyo which takes more than 3 hours / day by a packed train, and some writing jobs, running two blogs and one website, and taking care of my family issues is simply handful. I love my jobs and blogging is my hobby, so I am not complaining at all -because I am grateful- but as my health isn't in its best condition for years now, sometimes it gets hard to handle. 


I apologize for not being able to blog often or reply to emails and comments. I have tons of beauty magazines to sell on Beaut in Japan as well as some ideas on new additions to the website, but I simply do not have time to do anything besides working, meeting people and blogging in Japanese where I have deadlines to review products.

But thanks to the busy schedule, it gave me such an amazing opportunity the other day. I cannot share details here but I was able to assist some incredibly talented professionals who are working for fashion shows, high fashion magazines and red carpet events.


I was there to help them communicate with Japanese staff for a couple of days, so most of the time I was just there and watching them work. They were very friendly, never shouted at anyone, yet very professional and creative. I got goosebumps observing them.


This experience reminded me how much I wanted to become a makeup artist when I was a teenager. I was really specific that I wanted to become one for fashion shows. Though I would respect any kind of makeup artists, I was not interested in doing makeup on clients. I wanted to work behind runways. I wanted working in the chaos where people are running, rushing, yelling and possibly crying. I love events, where you create something that audience is waiting for, and impress them by create something more than they expected. I love that sense of tension, and the combination of fashion, music and beauty is just right up my street.

Dreaming to become a makeup artist kept me going during the hardest time in my life in high school. Without it, I might have been gone. I wanted to study in the UK although I did not speak English at all at that point. However, I did not hesitate when I gave up on my dream because I had no choice but to do so. Now I'm back in the beauty industry, I am feeling how much I love beauty every single day. And now I am seeking for a possibility to become a makeup artist for fashion shows, though it's a very late start considering my age. 


More than 10 years ago when I was a teenager, you had to learn hair styling to become a makeup artist, unless you would go to a tiny makeup school for 2 weeks or so, in which case you would have no guarantee to be able to work professionally as a makeup artist. I still find it very hard to find a makeup school that I like in Japan, thus I am thinking of going to one in London.

I have absolutely no idea which school I should choose, to be able to become an intern or assistant to work behind runways. I cannot afford studying for a year, so it has to be the shortest course to become professional. I have been doing research but still haven't found out if it's even possible for 31 years old to start the career. As I am going to the UK next month, I want to visit some schools if possible, as it would be a good opportunity to see what schools are like, and to judge if I have a possibility.  

If you have any information, even a tiny tiny information, it would be great if you could share it with me in the comment below!