Japanese Glossybox sucks!


Glossybox was finally launched in Japan at the beginning of 2012. We had heard a lot about Glossybox abroad already at that point, so the expectation for it was going up and up. BUT the thing is people are disappointed by the Japanese version of Glossybox. 

I was lucky to get the box in February as a trial, but too many people tried to purchase that Glossybox had to set the limit and make the rest of the people wait. Even now there are a lot of people waiting for their purchase rights. 
 
Apparently the people who received the boxes are not happy about it though. I heard it's getting better slowly but the major complaint was that they only contain small sized samples. You may think "That's what Glossybox is all about" but when we google "Glossybox UK" or "Glossybox US" we find a lot of pictures of luxury boxes which have a few sachets and one or two actual-sized or middle-sized (neither a sachet or an actual-sized product) items.

It depends on your beauty-profile on Glossybox.jp, but some people received only sachets. Some people received many natural cosmetics although they didn't like them particularly, and there was a lady who was jealous of those people as she didn't receive any natural cosmetics although her profile says "I LOVE natural cosmetics". 

It's 1500yen a month including the postage which isn't too bad. But still, imagine you open the box and find it full of sachets which you could have gotten from a beauty counter for free. The delay of delivery and using the infamous forwarder are the other issues. I didn't become a member as I thought it could be a waste of money, I will consider getting it once they improve their services because I like the concept. I wish I could get British Glossybox!!