Stila Natural Beauty Eye Shadow Palette


Stila Natural Beauty Eye Shadow Palette  14.5GBP
.
As you might know, I'm not a makeup junkie. I'm more like a skincare/haircare/bodycare/scent junkie. The reason why makeup doesn't excite me much is because it doesn't dramatically change my appearance. I think it's because I don't have deep sockets which is the typical complaint Japanese girls have (I guess) and also I'm not skilled so I just simply don't know what to do.

But as watching many beauty videos, I finally got to the stage where I wanted to change my appearance and made an effort. Well, that's my excuse to get this eyeshadow palette :P


This palette includes 13 different colours of eyeshadow, and all of them look wearable. The cover has got a magnet inside and it closes tightly. I love how it looks, I don't care the fact that it's too big and will never fit in any of my makeup bags.


It's got 7 matte shades and 6 shimmer shades. Apparently it's worth 78 pounds!



Here are the swatches! 
1 - Pink Sugar
2 - Blush
3 - Rosey
4 - Toffee


I personally like Rosey and Toffee, I used those two colours to create this look below:

 
 I know, you can't see much! Why does it happen all the time? How do people take their closeup photos which actually show the colours? Anyway I used Rosey on the outer corner of the eye, and Toffee to blend in. I applied a white eyeshadow on the inner corner of the eye which you cannot see in this photo...sorry.


5 - Linen
6 - Vanilla
7 - Sand
8 - Hazelnut


So, where is Hazelnut? What's the point of making an eyeshadow which doesn't leave a colour? I was disappointed on Hazelnut because I really liked Sand and Hazelnut, the only greenish colours in this palette. 

I really like Linen and Vanilla a lot, they both are perfect for a base and a highlight. 


9 - Caramel
10 - Almond
11 - Amber
12 - Apricot
13 - Merlot 


These colours are very pigmented especially Caramel. I don't think Almond and Amber suit my skin colour unfortunately so I might not use them much. Do you have an idea how to use those colours without looking too orange-y? 

Overall this is a very useful palette that I would like to use on daily basis.  I'm much more excited to do my makeup every morning since I got this palette. I definitely have a positive opinion about Stila's eyeshadows now, the shimmer is subtle but definitely gorgeous. 

I've been interested in another Stila eyeshadow palette which is 25 pounds. Have you ever used eyeshadows from Stila? What's your opinion about them? :)