My thoughts on Aussie products


Aussie 3minute miracle colour deep treatment  4.99GBP

Seeing so many bloggers raving about Aussie made me really want to try their products out. But unfortunately we don't have Aussie here in Japan and the postage was always ridiculously expensive whenever I found a parallel importer. So I was very happy to receive it when my parents-in-law sent it to me from the U.K.! 

I picked this one because my hair has been coloured for more than 10 years now, and is quite damaged. It's dry and gets tangled easily, and I realized that hair treatment without silicone doesn't work on my hair. I was aware that this hair treatment is packed with silicone and polymer which I usually avoid, but I just wanted to see what it was like.



It doesn't have a lid, instead it's got a hole at the bottom and you just squeeze the bottle to use. How lazy could they be! It's easy to use but sometimes it goes everywhere somehow, which is completely a waste. I would prefer normal bottle which has got a lid on.

A small amount spreads well on my hair. It smells of artificial Peach which must be intended to emphasize peach extract which is contained to prevent deterioration of hair. I am not a big fan of the smell but each range has different scent I guess and I'm curious which one smells the best. 

It makes my hair voluminous and silky-smooth which is kind of addictive. I've been using this hair treatment nearly every day since I got it and now I'm running out of it. I thought silicone could weight down your hair especially when it's fine, but  it did completely opposite to my hair. It's just amazing how it makes my hair look, whenever I use this product people compliment my hair. I am not sure if it prevents my hair colour to fade to be honest, but I don't care! I love this product so much that I would like to repurchase again when I finish this bottle. Maybe next time I would like to try a different scent though!



Aussie Take the Heat Leave-In Cream

I got this one because there was "2 Aussie products for 1" offer on the website I purchased them from.  It may sound terrible to some of you but I wash my hair and blow dry every day. It's pretty normal to do so here in Japan but I realized that it's kind of like a taboo in some other countries. I don't blow dry my hair completely, I just try to dry my scalp and the root of my hair so that it doesn't look all flat. I don't use hair straightener or curling iron but still I wanted something to protect my hair from heat.



To tell you the conclusion first, it doesn't do anything to my hair. It's so greasy and sticky on my hands, just like a glue! When I apply it on my hair it doesn't feel sticky anymore but it doesn't do anything either. It smells OK, pretty floral and feminine which is better than the hair treatment, so I sometimes use it for the fragrant.  I wouldn't repurchase it for sure and I don't recommend this product to anyone. 

I haven't tried enough products to be able to judge whether I like Aussie or not as a brand, but I was really impressed by the hair treatment.

But one thing I would like to confirm somehow is that I heard some bloggers saying that they heard Aussie tests their products on animals. I am aware that the most beauty brands do test on animals and that's one of the biggest reasons why I like natural / organic beauty products because most of the time they don't test on animals. Aussie doesn't have the label saying they are against animal testing, so there is high possibility that they do so. Knowing that they definitely do so and continue using their products is against my wish so I wouldn't repurchase their products although I loved their hair treatment. Please let me know if you know anything about it, I might contact Aussie to ask what their policy is related to animal testing.

Do you like Aussie? Which products have you used?