Palmer's Cocoa Body Scrub


Palmer's Cocoa Body Scrub £4.49

I don't know why but I LOVE scrubs. Both facial and body scrubs really attract me. I purchased this body scrub from feelunique.com because I wanted a sweet-smelling body scrub. I still love The Breakfast Scrub from S&G but I wanted something different, which is cheaper and easier to get hold of. 

I've seen Palmer's Body Lotion being sold in Japan but I didn't know that it's that cheap in the U.K.! This body scrub was only 4.49 pounds which is a pretty good deal considering the size of the jar.

  
It's described as below  on feelunique;
Reveal younger looking skin with Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Cocoa Body Scrub. This unique formula contains pure Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Vitamin E and natural crushed cocoa beans which moisturise, refine and polish skin.

It sounds gentle and nice, doesn't it? I'd never tried body scrub with cocoa butter and shea butter before. When I opened the lid I was impressed by the scent. It smells of cocoa and vanilla with a hint of a floral scent. And the consistency looked interesting! It looked different from any other body scrubs I'd ever tried!

 
It was harder than I expected. It looks like ice cream in this photo!


It feels pretty mild on my skin which makes it possible to use it more oftenIf you are expecting this scrub to remove all the dead skin cells on your skin surface and makes your skin soft and smooth, you might get disappointed. But if you feel that salt / sugar scrubs are harsh on your skin and are looking for a milder one, you will like it. 

It leaves my skin smelling good and the cocoa scent lasts petty long. It makes my skin feel smoother but not as much as NEOM sugar scrub does. In my opinion, scrubs with salt or sugar soaked into plant oils work the best in terms of effectiveness. But they have some downsides as well, for example they make the bathroom floor so greasy and slippery. And I am not a big fan of the oily finish in summer although it's very nice in winter. And I especially don't like salt scrub because you can imagine what happens when you have a tiny cut on your legs or fingers, right? It hurts like hell!!! And salt scrub feels pretty harsh on my skin. So I use NEOM sugar scrub for extra moisture and a stronger exfoliation. I use Palmer's and S&G's daily, for a milder exfoliation. And also to enjoy the scent! :)

Have you tried any products from Palmer's?