Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder

DSCN0072

Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder  $10.29 icon

I picked it up when I was shopping around on Vitacost.com as usual although I had never heard of this powder before despite the huge rave about Ravlon colorstay liquid foundation. I was just looking for a good powder to finish my makeup with and thought I would give it a try. I chose the colour Light, and there were two other colours ; Light-Medium and Medium.

DSCN0075
It's got the mirror inside and a puff underneath. I was so surprised with the quality of the puff because it was the most rubbish puff I had ever seen in my entire life! I wouldn't call it a puff even, it's something in between a cloth and a paper. I tried to work it somehow but believe me, there is no way anyone can use this puff as a puff.

DSCN0082

The colour matches my skin tone perfectly as you can see, and the powder is pigmented. it gives a matte finish to my skin which is not particularly needed as I have dry skin but it would be very nice if you've got oily skin I think. It claims to last for 16 hours but as you can guess it doesn't last that long. Obviously. But it sets my liquid foundation underneath and it gives flawless finish.

DSCN0077

I like this product overall but there is one downside. When I put liquid foundation fully and apply this powder on top, it looks really heavy. I know I should choose loose powder rather than pressed powder if I want a sheer finish, but still this one is REALLY pigmented and makes my skin look like a bronze statue in brown if that makes sense! I try to swipe this powder with my blush brush (I need a powder brush!) really lightly but still it turns me to a statue. So whenever I use this powder, I use less amount of liquid foundation. 

Because I use a tiny bit each time I guess it'll last years and years unless I smash it. I don't think I would repurchase it again but I would love to try their Revlon foundation as I only heard good things about it. Have you ever tried it? If you have, did you like it?