Lunasol Skin Modeling Water Cream Foundation


Lunasol Skin Modeling Water Cream Foundation 5,250yen
Before you even wonder, I am going to tell you that I didn't buy this foundation with my money. When it comes to makeup, I would rather go for drugstore makeup products rather than high end ones. I know the quality of Chanel eyeshadow is 100 times better than MUA, and I used to use Chanel, Dior, Estée Lauder and some other brands so I know how amazing they are. But recently I would rather spend money on skincare and bodycare products than makeup somehow. The quality of drugstore products (not Japanese ones, they are pretty bad) is improving a lot that I don't see the need of spending 8,000yen on an eyeshadow palette. But anyway, spending 5,000yen on foundation is not my thing. I used Healthy Mix from Bourjois or BB cream from Garnier until I was given this foundation. But now I'm totally in love with it. It makes my skin look....flawless.


So when I think about cream foundation, words come in my mind are cakey, heavy, and very moisturising. This foundation actually, is opposite. It's water-base and very light which never be cakey, but has a medium to heavy coverage as normal cream foundation does.   


It has this thicker consistency than normal liquid foundation but still I wish it was in a pump bottle. Using a spatula to take the foundation and clean it every morning is a pain in the butt. I always take a little bit of the foundation on the back of my hand and add little by little when needed as I'm still unsure how much I need. It would be so much easier to control the amount of the foundation when it has a pump.


You can see it's pretty liquidy for cream foundation, it's more like a thicker liquid foundation rather than cream foundation in my opinion. It goes on very smoothly so I only need a tiny bit to cover the whole face. I usually use a sponge to apply the foundation because I tend to use too much of the foundation when I use a brush to apply. It covers up the pores on my cheek which is the main reason why I use foundation. I don't need foundation to cover up my dark circles and redness around my nose because that's what concealers are for. It doesn't feel heavy on my skin but it covers up everything I want foundation to cover which is great. 


When I use this foundation, I cannot help myself to compliment my skin. That sounds pathetic, but I really think "Wow look at my skin, it looks flawless and beautiful" and that's rare. I wish I didn't have dark circles because they can ruin everything (should I get the colour corrector from Bobbi Brown?) but still it looks very nice.

Have you ever tried cream foundation? What's your favourite foundation at the moment?