October Must-Haves


It had been pretty hot in Tokyo until the beginning of October this year. I didn't need a jacket at all to go to work as long as I had a cardigan in my bag. But from the middle to the end of October it got colder and the air was much drier. My skin reacted immediately. It became much drier and makeup -especially foundation- didn't look as good as it used to be on my face. These items that I'm going to talk about today are the ones that I couldn't live without in October.



NUXE Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm

To be honest with you, I'm not sure whether this is the best lip balm in the world or not. Probably not, but still I love this lip balm. It has this subtle scent of lemon and honey which I love, and the texture is so rich and moisturising. It's pretty heavy so I only use it at night. You might think it's a bit pricey for a lip balm but actually it lasts forever. I've been using it for a year now but I just have no idea when I would be able to use it up.



Glonaturals Face Cream
I purchased this face cream from Vitacost. This brand Glanaturals is their original brand which came out a few months ago I believe, and I purchased this particular cream as it contains argan oil and hyaluronic acid that looked like a perfect face cream for winter. I loved it as it feels like a whipped cream on my skin somehow! BUT after a week of use, I realised that it was giving my skin tiny rash. I didn't want to think it was because of this product but once I stopped using it, the rash had gone. When I took this photo I was still thinking it was saving my skin from a hell of dryness....and maybe it was, but it worked in a wrong way as well. But my mum is enjoying using it very much, so it's just that my skin didn't like it.

Nourish Revital-Eyes Eye Cream
I just wrote a depth-review about this amazing eye cream, so I'm not going to go on and on about it here. But believe me, this is the best eye cream I've ever used.


CODINA Argan Oil
I believe Codina is a French brand. You can get a lot of use out of this pure argan oil. My favourite way of use is to apply it after face cream to add more moisture. A good pure argan oil doesn't stay on the skin surface for long, it instantly sinks in. It has a nutty and fruity scent which is of course natural, which is not particularly a good smell but I don't mind at all. You also can use it on your hair, cuticles and body. It really saved my dry skin.


Moroccanoil Light Oil Treatment
I have fine, limp and damaged hair. Oils tend to weigh my hair down but this one doesn't. It smells like vanilla extract that you put in a cake dough combined with sophisticated-smelling perfume, but not overpowering at all. I apply it only on the ends of my hair after blow-drying and it prevents my hair to get tangled through out the day.

AESOP  Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm


Looking for a hand cream which is not sticky or greasy yet hydrating, plus smelling amazing? You should try this hand cream. This could be your dream one! My mum gave it to me on my birthday this year and since then I'm obsessed with this product. It smells of lavender, orange and rosemary that you must be able to imagine how good it is. It absorbs super quickly when I apply it on my skin, it just instantly disappears. I just applied this hand cream on the back of my hands as I'm writing it, and after like 5 seconds it's completely gone. Now my hands are very smooth and silky as if I haven't applied anything but do have naturally hydrated soft skin if that makes sense. I always have this hand cream in my bag or on my desk and keep applying it just to enjoy the scent, which makes my hands hydrated as well.

What was your October Must-Have? Let me know!