Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer


Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer £5.99
Although I was dying to try out Apocalips, I always thought it wasn't for me just because they didn't have a single shade which would suit me. Most of the shades are too bright, and nude one is too pale. But the other day I just thought to try out this shade Celestial. I don't know why I didn't think of trying this shade out before, because it's such a lovely wearable pink.


As I had heard from so many youtubers and bloggers, it really is opaque. The colour payoff is just amazing, you can't see your lip colour through it. It has a very weird smell that nobody I know has mentioned. It smells like...a cucumber made with plastic. Wait, then it won't smell of cucumber. So maybe it smells like cucumber smoothie with a hint of plastic. How does it sound? I really don't like the smell at all and it bothers me for quite a long time as it lingers.


 

Despite the weird smell,  I really like how it looks on my lips. It's not completely matte but it's not shiny or glossy. It stays on my lips for hours without drying them out, and I can add a little bit of clear lip gloss when I need more moisture and shine to it.


I was a little bit worried that it might look purply on my lips but it looks more like pink fortunately. I wonder how Big Bang would look amazing on people who look good with red lips...! Now it's sold in the States as SHOWOFF and Apocalips expanded the colour range as well, I hope they will bring more nude and beige toned shades in the future, because the formula is amazing. Have you tried it yet? What's your favourite shade?