What's in Japanese Glossy Box?


I purchased Glossy Box a couple of years ago when it just came to Japan to see what it was like. The box arrived, I opened, and immediately I cancelled the subscription because it was crap. But now I hear quite a few people saying that their service has improved and the box isn't too bad. So I decided to subscribe to it again for a couple of months for a blogging purpose. Today I'm going to show you what I got in my February box.



So the box is nothing special, just a plain pink box. We don't have a thin mag that you get in the UK (not sure about the US), nor the post card thing which explains the products that are in the box, because we get different products based on our profile I guess.


The box was pretty heavy and I thought "Oh they have improved their quality because it must contain some full-size products". I was wrong. The reason why it was heavy was because of a bunch of sachets. Gee!



Noz Beashow Trial Set
Sachets of the haircare products from the brand Noz, created by a hair stylist Michio Nozawa, which I have no clue who that is. The white one makes your hair smooth, the blue one gives volume in your hair, and the red one moisturises damaged and dry hair. I haven't used them yet but I'm not excited at all about the sachets at all.



KRYOLAN Blusher Glossy Rosewood
Kryolan, the professional makeup brand from Germany, collaborated with Glossy Box and created this blusher. It's actually not sold anywhere else, and the shade is pretty nice.



The blusher is completely matte, which I like.



And this dusty pink shade looks quite sophisticated when I apply on my cheek. I didn't own any blusher like this, and I've been enjoying it since I got it. I wish it didn't have the Glossy Box logo on the packaging though.



Beaute de Sae Hand Cream -Rose bouquet
Beaute de Sae has been pretty popular here in Japan, I think the biggest reason is the packaging and the scent. They look very girly and feminine, and smell pretty nice. I don't particularly like the brand, just because they are too "kawaii" in a French-y way if that makes sense, their packaging looks like a French-wanna-be. 



Look how tiny the jar is! This buttery textured hand cream is pretty rich yet doesn't make my hands greasy. However it's got a perfumy rosy scent, which I wouldn't mind if it was not as strong as it is. It's got organic sheabutter, aloe, honey and rise bran oil to nourish your skin. It's not greasy at all and it feels quite nice on my hands, I wish the perfume wasn't too strong.


Avance Lasjh Serum Mascara
Apparently they are known for their eyelash serum which has been around for more than 10 years, and this mascara contains the serum to grow your lashes. 



This is a typical Japanese mascara in my opinion, that gives length but not volume. It's so wet that sticks my lashes together and make them look less dense. You might like it if you want to make your lashes look longer, not fuller, as whenever I wear this mascara I'm like "WOW my eyelashes look so long!" .



Stick Essence Face Mask
 Last AND least, a Korean face mask. I'm not excited to try it because whenever I use Korean skincare products my skin reacts so bad.

That's all I got in my February Glossy Box. It costs 1500yen / month, and I honestly think it's not worth the price. The mascara itself is 1500yen so it is physically worth more than 1500yen, but I just don't feel like it is. A bunch of sachets didn't make me happy at all, and I felt like that they were being stingy about the sample of the hand cream from Beaute de Sae. I will keep my subscription until April to see what happens, and will most likely cancel. 

What do you think of Japanese Glossy Box? Better or worth than the one in your country?