Is Plante System Urgence Eau Micellaire better than Bioderma?


Plante System Urgence Eau Micellaire 2400yen
When I saw the packaging of this micellaire water at PLAZA a few months ago, I thought it was Bioderma because it was in the exact same bottle with white, blue and red lids just like Bioderma. Then I realised it wasn't, and I suspected that it was a Japanese company that made a knock-off. But actually, it's made by a French company that was a leading company of botanical research. I have no idea which company came up with the micellaire water first in this specific bottle, with the lids in 3 different colors, but they look identical except the label design.

So this one with the blue lid is for dry and super dry skin. The red one is for sensitive skin and white one is for any skin types. All of them contain Sea-buckthorn, Olive and Green tea. This specific one called Urgence contains macadamia oil to nourish the skin.


It doesn't have any fragrance in it but it has this herbal scent that many people don't like apparently. I personally don't mind at all, because it smells like Coke to me for some reason! It's not the smell that I cannot stand putting on my face, it's just not particularly pleasant.


So, how's the performance? Here are some makeup stuff hard to remove including lip stain, waterproof eyeliner and eyeshadow.


I gently wiped the right half and as you can see, it doesn't remove the eyeliner completely. I did the same using Bioderma too, and it DID remove everything in one go! With this Micellaire water from Plante System, you need to rub your face with a cotton pad quite a lot to remove eyemakeup especially, and it feels a little bit harsh on the skin. It does feel moisturising afterwords but Bioderma doesn't dry out my skin anyway which leaves no reason to choose Plante System one over Bioderma to be honest. 

And you know what, this one is 2400yen whereas Bioderma is sold for around 1800yen online here in Japan. It's not a bad Micellaire water at all, but sorry, Bioderma is too good. 

What's your favourite Micellaire water?