Coloured contacts for daily use


The variation of coloured contacts at drugstores in Tokyo is overwhelming and insane. There are so many different types at different price range. I had never been a big fan of coloured contacts until I discovered this brand called DAZZSHOP, because generally they are unnatural and uncomfortable to wear. The ones made in Korea were the worst out of everything I've tried -they were so uncomfortable that I couldn't stand for 3 minutes. But when I found DAZZSHOP, that have some physical shops in Tokyo where you can try the lenses on virtually on an iPad, I couldn't resist but to try them. And I must say they are very high quality lenses that are super comfortable, thin, natural and affordable. There is nothing negative about them -yes I am obsessed.

I have three different types in hand out of SIX, and I am going to show you what they look like.



Airy Accent  1,900yen *
If you are new to coloured contacts and have dark brown / black eyes, this might be perfect to start with. Airy Accent is like a natural version of 'Define' lenses that Asian girls (mostly Japanese and Korean) wear. I personally am not a big fan of the look because it makes me look like a cyborg, and the eyes lose its light. This one is very natural, yet makes a big difference to the look.


You can see there is a gradational frame around the eye in the photo, but who would look in the eye this close? If you look at the eyes from a normal distance, you cannot even tell the coloured contacts are on. None of my family members and friends have noticed that I had them on. But they've complimented how nice I looked, without noticing that the lenses were making a big difference ;)



Blended 02  2,000yen
Blended 02 is perfect if you are Asian dreaming to have hazel eyes. This kind of coloured contacts are popular in Japan, but most of them are very bold that some girls feel shy to wear them. I must say I really enjoy wearing Blended 02 because it completely changes my look. I LOVE paring Blended 02 with smoky eyes because it suits brighter eyes than darker eyes in my opinion.


Although I cannot say this is the most natural coloured lens, it's not too unnatural at the same time. I think I would be able to rock this if I had a bigger nose -with my tiny nose it's never convincing that I have natural hazel eyes.


Sparkling 01  2,000yen
Sparkling 01 is more natural compared to Blended 02, but still gives a 'kick' to the look. Its graduation from grey to hazel is gorgeous, yet not too much.


This one is like in-between shade -very natural that you can see through the true colour of my eye, yet adds something different to my natural eye. Grey and hazel ombre looks beautiful, and it's perfect for when I want something more than Airy Accent but not as strong as Blended 02.


They also have very simple and elegant cosmetics as well. The eyeliners are super pigmented, do not budge and stay on my eyelids for hours and hours. The blusher is pigmented yet not too strong that goes on to one spot.


Look how pigmented the sky blue eyeliner looks! It's not watery nor drying, easily glides on and does not budge. Their 2016 Autumn collection called Scandalous Line is out now with many chic and elegant shades perfect for the coming season (though I do not even want to think about the fact summer is almost over!).

Check out their official website HERE.